- ABOUT IHfRA
The Innovative Hub for Research in Africa is an independent laboratory that conducts surveys, studies, research and training across the African continent. Our multidisciplinary team of seasoned African experts, with extensive country experience and top notch skills, is committed to producing quality data based on international standards for evidence-based policies and operational solutions. We provide insights on a myriad of sectors while taking into account cultural and geostrategic contexts as well as local markets’ maturity.
IHfRA’s goal is to become a privileged partner to stakeholders, namely development agencies, governments, NGOs and the private sector to design solutions to challenging development problems in Africa. For more information, please visit: http://www.hub4research.com/Home.php.
The Research Associate /Senior Research Associate will gain first-hand experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter whose responsibilities would include: managing critical high-level relationships with project stakeholders, designing survey questionnaires; running pilot exercises; refining study design and surveying instruments; hiring, training, and managing survey teams; checking and analyzing data.
Apply by: January 18, 2023, at 1PM, Kinshasa time
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Location: Abuja Nigeria; Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso; & Kinshasa, DRC (with a flexibility to travel to the following countries: Niger, Benin, Liberia, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Togo, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sierra Leone, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Niger and Uganda)
Number of Position: A total of 4 candidates (2 in Nigeria; 1 Burkina Faso; 1 DRC) will be hired for this position.
- Collaborate with the Research Manager/direct supervisor or projects’ partners to refine study protocols
- Implement study protocols in the most rigorous and efficient manner
- Collaborate with the Research Manager/direct supervisor or projects’ partners on survey design
- Program and pilot existing and future surveys using Survey CTO (a platform built on Open Data Kit) and/or CS Pro
- Conduct data quality control checks, data cleaning and analysis
- Support the organization in business development activities and serve as technical writer in response to Request for Proposals or other types of solicitations
- Manage key team members (research staff, field staff) while providing leadership support and oversight to other staff as needed, and in the organization in general.
- Track expenditures and prepare financial reports
- Draft grant summaries and reports
- Hire, train and manage survey teams
- Manage critical high-level relationships with project stakeholders
- Assist writing proposals and expression of interest
- Participate in data analysis and writing reports.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or a related field (required)
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar position at a research center, a consulting firm or in academics
- Working knowledge of Stata (strongly preferred) or other data analysis software
- Working knowledge of survey programming on ODK, Survey CTO, CSPro, Sueveytogo, Survey Solution or a similar software (preferred)
- Familiarity with setting up of the World Bank Stata high frequency data checks
- Familiarity with impact evaluation including randomized controlled trials
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, self-motivating, and able to solve unexpected problems
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Strong experience in writing proposals and expression of interests
- Experience living in a developing country and proficiency in a local African language
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please submit fill up the google form at: https://ihfra.surveycto.com/collect/BASE_RA_BF_RDC_NG?caseid=
At the end of the form, you will be requested to submit your CV/Resume and covering letter that tells us about your expertise and experience, and that explains your motivation by January 18, 2023. Applicants must be nationals, or have the right to reside, or must be currently residing in Burkina Faso, DRC, or in Nigeria. IHfRA will not sponsor work authorizations.
Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will, eventually, be contacted for a writing test and then for an interview.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The selected candidate MUST have legal rights e.g., citizenship or resident permit to work in the desired country of choice in to perform the duties of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment.
IHfRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate upon age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by the law.